Health and Safety Policy
At North East Civil Construction our occupational health and safety is based on a belief that the safety and well being of people employed at work, or the people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be maintained during all work performed. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
Our safety Policy commits to:
- Compliance with acts and regulations, codes, standards and best practices;
- Continuous improvement to the system and safety performance of the company,
- To achieve an incident free workplace,
- To make health and safety integral parts of every managerial and supervisory position,
- To ensure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities,
- To involve our employees in the decision making process through regular communication, consultation and training,
- Providing safe plant and systems of work through hazard management,
- Provide written procedures and instructions,
- Provide consultative mechanisms for employees and subcontractors to raise relevant issues
- To provide a continuous program of education and training to ensure that NECC employees work in the safest possible manner,
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis,
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented,
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
- Maintain a management system in accordance with AS/NZS 4801:2001 requirements and integrates occupational health and safety considerations into business and project plans.
The success of our health and safety management is dependant on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OH&S controls that are suitable to each given situation,
- Understanding the total work process and associated OH&S risks,
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives,
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.
North East Civil Construction is committed to protecting the environment. Our operations will be conducted in a manner that is environmentally friendly, by reducing pollution, preserves natural resources, conserves heritage and reduces wastes. We are focused on pursuing our environmental goal of minimizing impact to land, water, air, flora and fauna.
To achieve our environmental goal, NECC aims to:
- Comply with environmental legislation, contractual and regulatory requirements,
- Maintain a management system in accordance with ISO 14001:2015 requirements and integrates environmental considerations into business and project plans,
- Investigate, report and respond to all environmental incidents and implement corrective action to prevent reoccurrences,
- Returning the environment to ‘as new’ condition after works are completed,
- Reducing the greenhouse gas emissions and pollution by reducing fuel use, conserving energy and ensuring that plant is regularly inspected and maintained,
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership in managing the environment,
- Reinforce to employees and subcontractors their environmental obligations through NECC programs of induction, training and toolbox meetings,
- Ensure a NECC QHSE Officer is elected to aid the management of the environment,
- Ensure supervisors and the management team are responsible for NECC operations,
- Communicate our policy to employees, subcontractors and other stakeholders including the public.
NECC will respond to the environmental challenges that we encounter whilst completing works, and contribute to the foundations of an environmental sustainable future for our community.
North East Civil Construction is enthusiastic about providing the highest level of service and leadership in the civil construction industry. We are committed to provide quality service through:
- Increasing the satisfaction of our customers by establishing close partnerships aimed at understanding their expectations and establishing mutual requirements in terms of performance, cost and deadlines.
- Support our development and fulfilment by promoting a healthy and stimulating work environment favourable to innovation, achievement and teamwork.
- Applying high-quality standards to our suppliers by establishing lasting relationships and a climate of trust based on mutual respect.
- Offering quality products and services by consistently improving our processes and methods. Additionally maintaining the expertise of our staff by offering professional development opportunities to our staff.
- Acting tactically and strategically to ensure the future needs of our stakeholders are met.
- We will support this commitment through the communication, training and development of our staff to ensure that our company goals and quality objectives are understood, implemented and maintained in accordance with and compliance to ISO 9001:2015.
To ensure the achievements of the above objectives, we are committed to continually improve our services and processes through the establishment of measurable quality objectives with set targets along with the collection and analysis of data for these objectives to determine areas for taking preventive actions for improvement.
The company has committed to continually improve the effectiveness of our integrated management system.
Our aim is to be seen as a leader in the Civil Construction Industry by providing a high quality service to clients.